Proserv is an international energy services company specialising in the provision of life-of-field solutions.
The company operates worldwide from 18 sites across four distinct Business Units: Subsea Controls; Production Controls; Drilling Controls and Field Technology Services.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
To primarily assist with ensuring continued process of improvement in the standards of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Provide direction and guidance to the management team and employees on QHSE issues within the workplace.
- Maintain and regularly review all related documentation in line with legal requirements.
- Issue updates and ensure documentation is easily available to all personnel, as well as provide training as and when required.
- Instil safety awareness to employees and lead by example and promote best practice at all times with regards to safety at work in all areas.
- Devise the company’s QHSE plan and ensure its implementation.
- ISO Audit – Internal and External.
- QHSE Documents updates.
- OFI/NCR Monitoring & Closing.
- QHSE Report.
- Organizing MRM.
- Incident/Accident reporting.
- Attend TBT and record the minutes.
- Check and record the certifications of equipment’s dispatched (Rental & External Equipment’s).
- Monitor and Record Master Equipment’s Common Tools certifications.
- Witness & verify Pressure Testing.
- Witness loading and unloading of heavy loads (crane ops).
- Verify & Sign Calibration Certificates.
- Monitor HSE requirements in the workshop and ensure compliance.
- PPE monitoring including H2S detector/BA etc.
- Attend Pre Job Meeting for field mobilization.
- Safety Induction for All Visitors.
- Conduct HSE awareness sessions.
- Monitor all facility equipment that needs tested or calibrated. Pallet jack, Rigging, fire extinguishers etc.
- Manage and schedule evacuation drills Fire, H2S etc.
- Daily walk rounds monitoring activities, housekeeping.
- Visual Quality Inspection of all parts and material entering company (Incoming).
- Inspection of all assets returning from a project, identifying any issues.
- FAT Product Quality Inspection.
- Quality Documentation Control ensure Check of all documentation is as per requirement (Certificate pack and logistical documentation).
- Project Quality Documentation.
- Ensure all equipment is fully tested and fully operational.
- Ensure all equipment is to the highest standard.
- Ensure all equipment has all spare parts and rigging (if required).
- QC Dispatch inspection of all material or equipment leaving company premises is to its highest standard.
- Ensure all previous checks are completed and signed off.
Health and safety
- Work place Safety (Monitoring risks and hazards in the workplace.
- Working and encouraging all employees to manage and improve Health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Manage all waste generated by the company and ensure it is getting disposed of in the most economical way.
- Promote and encourage recycling within the workplace and avoid single use materials.
- Ensure all chemicals are stored correctly and waste chemicals are disposed of or recycled in the best economical way.
- Always promote improvement and try our best to motivate the company to incorporate the (5S) Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain.
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or HSE (any discipline)
- 3 years’ experience of Operations in the O&G industry.
- Experience in the ISO-9001 compliance and certification process.
- People management skills.
- Conversant with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) with good verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of the applicable HSE Codes, Standards and Legal requirements.
- Ability to multitask various high profile tasks and deliver on time.
- Ability to influence service staff to achieve business goals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interface with professionals and service staff of all levels.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.