Credit Controller - MENA
MEA - Dubai
Proserv is an international energy services company specialising in the provision of life-of-field solutions.
The company operates worldwide from 22 sites in five geographical regions: UK, Scandinavia, Middle East & Africa, Far East & Australasia and North & South America.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
The Credit Controller provides processing and administration support to MENA finance in order to ensure that all invoices are issued in a timely manner with all appropriate documentation to customers, as well as the cash is received as per terms and conditions agreed with the customers.
The role requires a dedicated individual who is looking to develop management and cross-functional skills by interacting with a variety of functions and customers.
The MENA region is expecting to deliver $60M+ in 2013 through 3 legal entities (Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar), to which the timely issuance of invoices and documentation will be critical to receive payment as per terms and conditions and to minimise the business’ working capital requirements.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Working with Customer Sales Representative to ensure timely and accurate issuance of invoices to customers, including month end invoice raising deadlines
- Review the documentation to be issued with each invoice and ensure all terms and conditions requirements are fulfilled before invoices are sent to customers for prompt payment
- Issuance, review and tracking of financial instruments required for projects, such as Letter of Credit, Performance Bank Guarantees, etc.
- Chasing overdue accounts by telephone, letter, email and in-person if required. Where appropriate, meeting with key accounts and developing and implementing strategies and solutions to overcome credit management challenges
- Liaison with internal and external customers to investigate and resolve payment queries swiftly
- Cash posting and allocations in conjunction with current team members
- Regular meetings with appropriate operations managers providing updates on major customers and problem areas
- Account set up and suspension including assessing and recommending adequate credit limits. This will include the liaison with the Commercial team in order to ensure that full KYC (Know Your Customer) checks have been performed for new customers in terms of Credit Control and with Credit Bureaus if required (Dunn & Bradstreet, Experian and DECOL – review of reports and database management)
- Review work practices and suggest and implement appropriate changes where necessary
- Working to agreed cash collection targets
- Support finance team during the monthly closing of the books for all areas in relation to Credit Control (invoicing, ageing reports, bank reconciliations)
- Ensure trade Debtors are fully reconciled on a monthly basis, reviewing both Aged Debtors and Goods Delivered Not Invoiced.
- Reviewing Aged Debtors for any credit items and taking appropriate action where required.
- Reviewing Aged Debtors for potential bad debt, advising the Finance Manager and VP Finance of any potential risk.
- Support the weekly cash forecast process by providing expected cash inflow from customer payments
- Attend to end of year auditing process, respond to Auditors and supply with required information and evidence
- Providing Revenue Analysis for MEA region, ensuring sites are recognizing revenue as per Flash expectations as well as providing Revenue reports to Management.
- Perform any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
- Accounting or business degree
- At least 4-5 years experience in a Credit Control position
- Ability to knowledge share (transmit and receive lessons learned) with other colleagues
- Ability to communicate in a multicultural and cross-functional team
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Flexible approach requiring the ability to support international operations across multiple time zones and a variety of cultures
- Experience in the Oil and Gas sector
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.